Get Full Insurance Coverage for Your Home
Work With Experienced Home Insurance Specialists in Glendale and Santa Clarita!
After a disaster, the last thing that you want is to find out that your home wasn’t fully covered. Partner with the home insurance agents at Cornerstone Preferred Insurance in Glendale and Santa Clarita to make sure that you have the right policy for your home.
We are an independent company, which means that we work for you ALONE – you can trust us to be honest about your coverage. You also don’t have to be worried about paying extra, because our services are free and you don’t get charged more from the insurance company!
Our goal is to get you the best coverage at the best price, so get in touch with one of our home insurance agents as soon as possible by calling (888) 840-4020 or filling out an online form!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions about your policy? Find the answers here or call one of our insurance agents.
Am I required by law to have homeowner’s insurance in CA?
No. The government does not require that you have homeowner’s insurance like it requires that you have car insurance.
If you borrowed money from a lender to purchase your home, however, then they may require you to have an insurance policy that protects against natural disasters like fire, flooding, and earthquakes. Once your mortgage is paid, you will no longer be required to have homeowner’s insurance, although it is a good idea to insure such a large investment!
What will my home insurance premium be?
Your home insurance premium is affected by a number of different factors, including:
- Location: your neighborhood’s safety history and susceptibility to extreme weather will affect the price
- Personal Factors: bad credit history and personal habits such as smoking may increase premiums
- Home Characteristics: older homes and higher risk structure material may have more expensive premiums
- Claims History: if you’ve made home claims before, then you may be considered higher risk and therefore have to pay more
- Protective Devices: if you have installed burglar alarms, smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers, then your home premiums may decrease
Is there anything I can do to reduce my home insurance premium?
Yes! Homeowners who make their home safer may be able to get discounted rates. Here are some things that you can do:
- Install a security system
- Install smoke detectors and a sprinkler system
- Install a fire alarm
- Install window locks and dead bolts
- Don’t smoke
What is home inventory?
Home inventory is a list of all the possessions in your home, which will assist with the claims process if you ever need to file one. To start your home inventory, describe each item and include any receipts that you have. Here are some helpful tips:
- List any valuable items such as jewelry, furniture, and collectibles
- Take pictures or a videotape
- Store the inventory list in a safe deposit box
Have more questions about your home insurance policy? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our friendly agents or come by one of our offices in Santa Clarita or Glendale. We are ready to help you navigate through the confusing insurance world and find the best policy for the best price.